Acrobat Accessibility Tool

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC comes equipped with an Accessibility tool to assist with remediating accessibility issues.

To access the tool and add it to your tool pane:

  1. Open Tools
  2. Scroll to Protect & Standardize
  3. Find Accessibility and select Add
Add the Accessibility tool to your toolbar

The tool is now easily accessed in the right sidebar navigation. Select the tool to open it and explore the tool options.

The Full Check is a good place to start, but be aware that the Full Check tool item will only identify and help fix about 30 percent of the issues that need to be remediated. Educate yourself on the other 70 percent through training or learn more about PDF accessibility at the WebAim website.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s